The official opening of the Thurles/ Templemore Municipal District Office and Library Headquarters on Castle…read more →
Tipperary County Council Library Service now offers an incredible range of online services. Comprising services…read more →
Monday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. & 2 p.m. to 5.30 p.m
Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. & 2 p.m. to 5.30 p.m
Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. & 2 p.m. to 5.30 p.m
Thursday: 12.30 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. & 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. & 2 p.m. to 5.00 p.m
From Pre Schoolers to Teens to Adults, we have a broad selection of books, both fiction and non fiction to suit all needs.
Your Library membership gives you access to all lending collectionsin the County.
- Language courses
- Life-long learning materials
- Literacy support
- Local studies and Reference collections
If what you are looking for is not on our shelves, just ask and we may be able to get it in for you.
Daily newspapers and a selection of magazines
Surf the web:
- Free WiFi if your laptop or phone is WiFi enabled.
- 7 Desktop PC’s.
- Installed on each PC is Microsoft office, Open Office and Read Write Gold.
- The PC’s can read USB memory sticks, CDs,DVDs and most memory cards from your digital camera or smartphone.
- It is possible to print in both colour and in black and white.
We have software that can make reading more accessible for everyone. The software is designed to help people with reading, learning or sight difficulties to enjoy books and reading and it will also make access to the Internet and the PC much easier. If you have any questions on these, just give us a call or ask at the desk to arrange a demonstration.
- We have designated study spaces, these are limited up to a maximum number of 12.
- You can access Encyclopædia Britannica Online for FREE.
Forms available in the Library:
Passport, Taxing related, Register of Electors
Templemore Library has a dedicated space that is used by a variety of community groups. This facility is used as an exhibition space, a meeting room and a performance venue.
Examples of those who use this space are:
- Historical Society,
- Author visits,
- Book clubs.
There is room for seating for 40 people.
Adult Book Club:
Meet on the last Thursday of each month, from 6:45-7:45pm
Juvenile Book Club:
Meet on the first Wednesday of every month, from 3:30-4:00pm
Sr. Áine Historical Society meet on the third Thursday of each month, from 8:00-9:30pm.
Wheelchair accessible toilet
Hearing induction loop