The Library Development Plan 2009-2013 will review and prioritise the vision for library development in County Tipperary and will form a framework document for the future development of the Library Service in the County.
As the body responsible for the Public Library Service in North and South Tipperary, the County Tipperary Joint Libraries Committee would like to invite submissions from the public regarding their views on the future direction for the library service.
Submissions are welcome from both individuals and groups.
While you should not feel limited to these in making your submission, the following are some topics and issues which you could consider.
- Does your library have the type of books, newspapers and magazines you need?
- Are you aware that community groups meet in some libraries e.g. Bookclubs, Active Retirement, Women’s groups etc?
- Does your library have the DVD/ CDs/ Talking Books that you need?
- Can you find what you are looking for easily in the library?
- If you like reading but do not use the library service, why not?
- Are you aware of our e-services (www.tippperarylibraries.ie)? If so, what is your opinion on the website’s contents?
- Membership fees and other fees.
- Rural library services.
- Staff and Opening hours.
- Are you aware that the central library at The Source in Thurles holds the foremost collection of Local Historical material in the county and that research and genealogy services are provided?
- Does the library provide events which you like to attend? Are events and services adequately promoted?
- What do you think of the library building? Is it accessible? Are there any obstacles/barriers, physical or otherwise, which make it difficult or impossible for you to use the library?
- Is your library a friendly place?
- Is the children’s section suitable for your child/ children’s needs?
- Has your library been unable to provide you with resources that you feel should be available?
Are you aware of our foreign language resources?
- Does your library open at a time that suits you and your family? If not what times would suit you? (Please give location of library you use).
- Do you know that technology is available in some libraries to help visually impaired people to read books/magazines, or to access the internet?
- Is the Library service doing enough to meet your/your family’s life-long learning needs?
What do you think of the standard and availability of Internet and e-mail facilities in your local library?
If you wish to make a submission or obtain further details you should contact:
Senior Executive Librarian,
Co. Library, Castle Avenue, Thurles, Co. Tipperary.
Tel: (0504) 20109/21555 or e-mail: email@example.com
Submissions can be sent directly to the address above or handed into your local library. Submissions can also be e-mailed to above address.
Deadline for submissions: 5.00pm on Friday 16th May 2008.
This information is also available in Irish, Polish & Lithuanian here in the library or online at www.tipperarylibraries.ie