Tipperary Libraries Local Studies and Archives collection is presently located at The Source, Cathedral Street, Thurles. Tipperary Studies is a reference library and research centre dedicated to the collection of material on all aspects of County Tipperary. Tipperary Studies aims to collect and make freely accessible as comprehensive a collection of material relating to the history of Tipperary as possible, including published books, journals, newspapers, photographs, audio visual material microform, manuscripts and ephemera.
Tipperary Libraries is also home to the County Tipperary Historical Society.
Cathedral Street ,
Phone (0504) 29278
Fax (0504) 21344
Monday: 9.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m – 2.00 pm to 5.30 pm.
Tuesday: 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Wednesday: 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Thursday: 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Friday: 9.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m – 2.00 pm to 5 pm.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 1.00 p.m – 2.00 pm to 5 pm.
- Photocopying of the Archival material is not permitted.
- There are copyright restrictions.
- An appointment is not strictly necessary, but it is advisable to ring in advance.
- Materials in Tipperary Studies are for research purposes only. They are not available for loan.
- Where multiple copies exist, some titles (mainly recent publications) are made available through the branch libraries.
Hearing Induction Loop