Monday: 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Tuesday: 9.30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Wednesday: 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Thursday: 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Friday: 9.30 a.m. to 1 p.m. & 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. & 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
From Pre Schoolers to Teens to Adults, we have a broad selection of books, both fiction and non fiction to suit all needs. Your Library membership gives you access to all lending collections in the County.
- Language courses
- Life-long learning materials
- Literacy support
- Local studies and Reference collections
- Film DVD’s
- Music CD’s
If what you are looking for is not on our shelves, just ask and we may be able to get it in for you. Browse: Daily newspaper and a selection of magazines Surf the web:
- Free WiFi if your laptop or phone is WiFi enabled.
- 6 Desktop PC’s for Adults and 2 PC’s for Juveniles.
- Installed on each PC is Microsoft office, Open Office and Read Write Gold.
- The PC’s can read USB memory sticks, CDs,DVDs and most memory cards from your digital camera or smartphone.
- It is possible to print in both colour and in black and white.
- Search for old news articles on our PCs using the Irish newspaper archive database; newspapers include the Nenagh Guardian.
Assistive Technology We have software that can make reading more accessible for everyone. The software is designed to help people with reading, learning or sight difficulties to enjoy books and reading and it will also make access to the Internet and the PC much easier. If you have any questions on these, just give us a call or ask at the desk to arrange a demonstration. Study:
- We have designated study spaces, these are limited up to a maximum number of 23.
- You can access Encyclopædia Britannica Online for FREE.
Nenagh Guardian: Nenagh Library has hard copies of the Nenagh Guardian for the years 1998- 2007 Forms available in the Library: Passport, Taxing related, Register of Electors
Nenagh Library has a dedicated space that is used by a variety of community groups. This facility is used as an exhibition space, a meeting room and a performance venue. Examples of those who use this space are:
- Active Retirement group,
- Knitting Group,
- Author visits,
- Book clubs.
There is room for seating for 65 people and the space can be closed off or left opening into the main library.
Cuidiu, our Mother & Baby group – 1st & 3rd Mondays of the month @ 10.30am
Afternoon adult book club 1st Monday of the month @2.30pm
Nenagh Friends of Music – 1st Tuesday of the month @ 6.45pm
Evening Adult book club – one Tuesday a month. Please check with staff for details. September meeting Tuesday 20th @ 6.45pm
Knitting Club – 4th Tuesday of the month @ 5.45pm
Book Bunch, our juvenile book club for 8 – 10 year olds - 1st Wednesday of the month @ 3.45pm
Literacy Storytime for toddlers – 3rd Wednesday of the month @2pm
Storytime & Colouring for pre-schoolers – Thursday mornings @ 11.15am
Active Retirement Association - Thursday afternoons from 2 – 4.30pm
Scrabble Club - Friday mornings @ 10.30am
Wheelchair accessible Wheelchair Parking Wheelchair accessible toilet Hearing Induction Loop