The official opening of the Thurles/ Templemore Municipal District Office and Library Headquarters on Castle…read more →
Tipperary County Council Library Service now offers an incredible range of online services. Comprising services…read more →
Monday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. & 2 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. & 2 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Wednesday: 12.30 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. & 6.pm to 8 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. & 2 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. & 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
From Pre Schoolers to Teens to Adults, we have a broad selection of books, both fiction and non fiction to suit all needs
Your Library membership gives you access to all lending collections in the County.
- Language courses
- Life-long learning materials
- Literacy support
- Local studies and Reference collections
If what you are looking for is not on our shelves, just ask and we may be able to get it in for you.
- Daily newspapers
- A selection of magazines
Surf the web:
- Free WiFi if your laptop or phone is WiFi enabled.
- 5 Desktop PC’s for Adults and 2 Desktop PC’s for Juveniles.
- Installed on each PC is Microsoft office, Open Office and Read Write Gold.
- The PC’s can read USB memory sticks, CDs,DVDs and most memory cards from your digital camera or smartphone.
- It is possible to print in both colour and in black and white.
We have software that can make reading more accessible for everyone. The software is designed to help people with reading, learning or sight difficulties to enjoy books and reading and it will also make access to the Internet and the PC much easier. If you have any questions on these, just give us a call or ask at the desk to arrange a demonstration.
- We have designated study spaces, these are limited up to a maximum number of 14.
- You can access Encyclopædia Britannica Online for FREE.
Forms available in the Library:
- Register of Electors
Carrick on Suir Library has a dedicated space that is used by a variety of community groups. This facility is used as an exhibition space, a meeting room and a performance venue.
Examples of those who use this space are:
- Knitting Circle,
- Author visits,
- Book clubs.
There is seating room for 25 people.
Evening Adult Book Club – 1st Wed of the month @ 7pm
Afternoon Adult Book Club – 2nd Tues of the month @ 2.30pm
Scrabble – Every Monday 11am-1pm
Art Group – Every Tues 10am -12pm
Literary Group – Every Wed 2.30pm – 4pm
Women’s Discussion Group – Every Thurs 11am – 1pm
Knitters – Every Thurs 2.30pm – 4.30pm
Wheelchair accessible toilet
Hearing Induction Loop